General Terms and Conditions for Taxi Transport
deposited by Royal Dutch Transport at the registry of the
District Court in The Hague on September 25, 2014,
deed number 47/2014.
These general terms and conditions come into effect as of October 2014.
Article 1: Definition of terms
In these General Terms and Conditions for Taxi Transport, the following definitions apply:
1. Taxi transport: all agreed passenger transport
per Car as referred to in Article 1 under f. of the Passenger Transport Act 2000, whereby the fare is agreed in advance or is determined by the use
of the Taximeter. The transport also includes the entry and
to get off.
2. Transport agreement: the agreement concluded between Passenger/Client and Carrier for taxi transport
3. Taxi rank: part of the public
traffic on an open road that is by the road manager
designated as a parking lot for taxis.
4. Car: motor vehicle, as referred to in Article 1 under f. of the
Passenger Transport Act 2000.
5. Traveler: the person who is transported by the Carrier.
6. Client: the natural or legal person who
Enter into a contract of carriage with the Carrier.
a. an order from a natural person to a Carrier who waits for passengers at a Taxi Stand;
b. any other assignment from a Traveler/Client to Carrier.
8. Carrier: the natural or legal person,
his Driver(s) of the car(s), including,
who undertakes to transport persons by car.
9. Driver: driver of the Car with which taxi transport is performed (the taxi driver) employed by the Carrier, including other Drivers of the car,
who are not employed by the carrier but who are on duty
on its behalf in a means of transport of the Carrier or
a means of transport available to Carrier
10. Carry-on Baggage: Baggage That a Traveler Likes Easy
to be carried, portable or mobile
including live animals and other
items that are accepted as hand baggage by the Carrier.
11. Taximeter: device in the car that determines the fare
in accordance with the stated rates.
The Taximeter must be visibly present.
Article 2: Scope of General Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all
Transport agreements and form the basis for the
handling of disputes by the Disputes Committee
Taxi transport, as referred to in Article 14 of these general terms and conditions
Article 3: Conclusion of the Transport Agreement
1. A Contract of Carriage is concluded by the Passenger's acceptance of the Carrier's offer.
2. In the case of an Assignment as referred to in Article 1
paragraph 7a., then the Carrier is obliged to accept this order, subject to the provisions of article 4 paragraph 1.
3. The obligations of the Carrier, including Article 7,
also apply to the Traveler who is not
Article 4: Termination and cancellation of the Transport Agreement
1. Carrier can continue the ride immediately
cease and thus terminate the Contract of Carriage,
if the Traveler causes such nuisance that in all
reasonableness cannot be expected of the Carrier
that he (further) transports the Traveler. Carrier can in that
In case, order the Traveler to leave the vehicle immediately.
2. In a case as referred to in paragraph 1, the carrier is not
obliged to compensate the Traveler for any damage.
3. In the event of premature termination, the Traveler is, in the event that the journey price
is established via the Taximeter, the amount is due
that the Taximeter indicates at the time of termination of the journey. In case a fare is paid before the start of the journey
has been agreed, Traveler is a proportional part of the
pre-agreed price due, as compensation
of the already completed part of the journey.
4. Traveler/Client may before commencement of the
Carrier ordered ride to be cancelled. In such a case, the
Traveler/Client obliged to pay compensation in reasonableness and fairness to the Carrier in the event of demonstrable damage. This also applies if the Traveler does not appear on the with the Carrier
5. In the event that the Carrier does not comply with an ordered journey
appointment appears, Traveler has demonstrable damage
right to compensation based on reasonableness and fairness.
Article 5: Obligations and powers - Traveler
1. Traveler is held:
a. to follow directions or instructions given by the Carrier in all reasonableness, such as taking a seat on
the seat designated by the carrier;
b. put on the seat belt before driving. A
fine resulting from non-compliance with this
obligation by the Traveler can be recovered from this.
2. Traveler is obliged to refrain from:
a. damage and/or contamination of the Car;
b. the use of alcoholic beverages, unless with
express permission from Carrier;
c. carrying and/or using narcotics;
d. using smoking materials;
e. aggression, committing pawing, the difficult
fall, threaten or otherwise behave improperly towards Carrier and/or others;
f. hindering the Carrier in any way in the performance of its duties.
3. Traveler is obliged either the pre-agreed
fare, or the fare determined by the Taximeter
4. When conditions affect the
side of Carrier arise or come forward, which
When concluding the agreement, the traveler did not need to
to know, but who, if they were known to him,
had reasonably provided him with land
the Transport Agreement or on other conditions
to enter into, the Traveler is authorized to terminate the agreement
say. Termination shall be effected by verbal or
written notification from the traveler and the agreement ends at the moment of receipt thereof by
carrier. By standards of reasonableness and fairness
are parties after termination of the Contract of Carriage
oblige each other to compensate each other for the damage suffered as a result.
5. Traveler is authorized to change the final destination in the interim
change the ride; this taking into account
of the provisions of paragraph 3.
6. If Traveler chooses to open the door himself,
this obliges the door to be opened in such a way that no hindrance and/or danger to traffic arises.
Article 6: Payment
1. Execution on the basis of the Transport Agreement takes place on the basis of the Passenger Transport Act 2000
rates determined and correctly published, as determined by the Taximeter or where the fare is
has been agreed in advance.
2. Payments by Traveler/Client to Carrier must be made in cash with a method of payment generally accepted in the Netherlands, generally
recognized forms of electronic payments including,
unless otherwise agreed.
3. The Carrier is entitled to contact the Passenger/Client
promote that cash payments are made in exact money
met. Carrier is not held a quantity
to take coins as payment, if counting them
caused a disproportionate delay.
4. a. If the consumer does not arrive on time
payment obligation(s), this is, after it has been
the entrepreneur has been informed of the late payment and the entrepreneur has the consumer a period of 14 days
granted to still meet its payment obligations, after the expiry of this 14-day period
the amount still owed the statutory interest and the entrepreneur is entitled to
extrajudicial collection costs incurred to be charged to
bring. These collection costs amount to a maximum of: 15 percent on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500, 10 percent
on the subsequent € 2,500 and 5 percent on the
next € 5,000 with a minimum of € 40,-. The
entrepreneur can deviate in favor of the consumer
of said amounts and percentages.
b. Insofar as the Passenger/Client acted in the exercise of a profession or business, the Carrier is entitled to compensation for the extrajudicial (collection)
costs, which costs in that case, notwithstanding article
6:96 paragraph 4 of the Dutch Civil Code and in deviation from the Reimbursement Decree
for extrajudicial collection costs, are determined
on an amount equal to 15 percent of the total outstanding principal with a minimum of € 75 for
any partially or completely unpaid invoice.
5. Parties are entitled to make mutual claims
Article 7: Obligations and powers - Carrier
1. The Carrier is obliged to provide the Traveler, as well as the
hand luggage carried in a careful and safe manner
2. Carrier is obliged to send the Traveler to the destination
to be delivered according to the route most favorable to the Traveler:
either through the fastest or most economically advantageous
route, unless the Traveler or the control room / exchange expressly requests or instructs to pass another
to drive route.
3. Carrier is obliged to assist Traveler with
getting in and out as well as loading and unloading
Hand baggage, unless this is for (traffic) technical reasons
4. When using the Taximeter, the carrier is obliged to
position of the Taximeter at the end of the journey as long as
let alone that Traveler can reasonably move away from the stand
was able to inform.
5. Carrier is obliged, as prescribed in Article 1c of the Regulation on maximum fare and publication
rates taxi transport, to provide the Traveler with a proof of payment
provide at least the prescribed
data, such as the fare and the applied
rates, the distance driven, name, address and license number of the company, vehicle registration number, date and
start and end time of the trip.
6. Carrier is obliged to handle the
personal data obtained in connection with the
booking of rides or otherwise. Carrier processes this
data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
7. If the Carrier carries out the carriage in whole or in part
ceases to exist, the Traveler will inform the Traveler as soon as possible
of the discontinuation and if possible of the reasons, the
measures to be taken and the possible duration.
Article 8: Hand baggage
1. Traveler is obliged to properly pack his Hand Baggage.
2. Carrier has the right to transport Hand Baggage, which by its nature is difficult, dangerous or prohibited
is or may be, or may give rise to
damage or contamination. Such a situation in any case occurs if Hand Luggage consists of:
a. firearms, striking and/or stabbing weapons;
c. compressed gases in reservoirs;
d. substances that are susceptible to spontaneous combustion or that are highly flammable;
e. strong or bad-smelling substances;
3. Carrier is obliged to use reasonable care
so that Passenger's Hand Baggage is not lost or
Article 9: Transport of animals
1. Live animals may, subject to the provisions of the following paragraph of this Article, be placed in a readily portable basket, bag or similar object which can be placed or held on one's lap.
carried along. However, dogs are also allowed in other ways
can be taken along, provided they are kept on a short lead.
2. The animals referred to in the first paragraph may not be
included, if this is in any way for the Traveler
or be inconvenient or inconvenient to the Driver or suffer from a serious illness.
3. Assistance dogs, such as guide dogs for the blind
to be taken into account in all circumstances.
If a Driver is allergic, he/she must enter
15 minutes to arrange for replacement transport.
Article 10: Lost and Found
With regard to found objects, with
observance of the general statutory provisions (Articles 5 to 12 of Book 5 of the Dutch Civil Code) with regard to
of the declaration and notification obligation and the detention
give and take, the following:
1. Traveler is obliged to contact the Carrier as soon as possible
to report an object or sum of money found by him. Carrier is authorized to issue
evidence to take into custody an object or sum of money thus found. If the finder keeps the found object or the sum of money, he is obliged to
to do what can reasonably become of him
required to find the owner or loser.
2. Carrier is authorized to send or
object found by another and handed over to him after three months or, if the object is not
storage is suitable, to be sold earlier, insofar as it is
not expensive things.
3. The carrier is obliged to return a found object, the
proceeds from an item sold pursuant to paragraph 2 or
to hand over the amount of a found sum of money to the rightful claimant, if this is within one year after
report a loss. If the rightholder
lost property or the proceeds of the sale thereof, the Carrier may pay him the
to charge a custody fee and administration costs.
Article 11: Force majeure
1. A shortcoming cannot be attributed to the Carrier if it is not due to its fault, or if
it is not for his account by virtue of the law, legal act or generally accepted views (force majeure). If, due to force majeure, the Carrier does not
obligations towards the Traveler/Client, the Traveler/Client may cancel the agreement
dissolve. In that case, the Carrier will pay amounts prepaid by the Traveler/Client as soon as possible
2. In the event of force majeure, the Traveler/Client
no right to compensation, except as provided
in Article 6:78 of the Dutch Civil Code.
Article 12: Carrier's liability
1. Carrier is liable for damage caused
by death or injury of the Traveler as a result of a
accident that happened to the traveler in connection with and during the transport. Carrier is not liable if
the accident was caused by a circumstance that
careful Carrier has not been able to avoid and
the consequences of which the Carrier has not been able to prevent. The compensation that the carrier in
mentioned circumstances may be owed, is
legally limited to € 1,000,000 per traveler with a
maximum of €15,000,000 per event.
2. Carrier is liable for damage caused
by total or partial loss or damage
of the hand baggage, insofar as this loss or damage arose during transport and was caused:
a. due to an accident that occurred to the Passenger, which is at the expense of the Carrier; or
b. by any circumstance that a diligent Carrier
has been able to avoid or of which the Carrier has
could have prevented the consequences. The compensation
which Carrier may owe in the event of loss
or damage to Hand Baggage is legally limited to
an amount of € 1,500 per Traveler.
3. In the event of delay, the Carrier is legally liable up to a maximum of €1,000.
Article 13: Traveller's liability
In principle, the traveler is obliged to pay the carrier the damage
to reimburse that he or his Hand Baggage to the Carrier
causes damage, except to the extent that such damage has been caused
by any circumstance which a diligent Traveler would not
has been able to avoid and to the extent such Traveler
could not prevent its consequences. Traveler
cannot invoke the quality or defect
of his Hand Baggage. Cleaning costs also belong to
the compensation for damage referred to in this article.
Article 14: Complaints and disputes
1. Complaints about the establishment and implementation of the
Contract of carriage must be complete and clear
described must be submitted to the carrier within
appropriate time after the Traveler/Client has discovered the defects
has observed or should have reasonably observed.
2. The carrier makes every effort, partly to prevent
disputes, in the case of complaints from the Traveler these seriously and in
reasonably to the satisfaction of the Traveler.
3. In the event that the parties do not reach a conclusion,
Carrier to point out to the complaining Passenger the possibility of the dispute thus arising to the party referred to in paragraph 5.
to submit a disputes committee.
4. In the event that he holds the Carrier liable, the traveler must
for damage, this damage as soon as possible in writing
report to the carrier. The nature and extent of the
damage must be indicated approximately.
5. Disputes between Traveler/Client and Carrier about the conclusion or implementation of agreements with regard to services to be provided or provided by this Carrier, can be settled by both the Traveler/
Client as submitted by Carrier
to the Disputes Committee Taxi Transport, PO Box 90600,
2509 LP The Hague.
6. A dispute will only be settled by the Disputes Committee in
taken into consideration, if the Traveler/Client are
complaint to the Carrier first.
7. If the complaint does not lead to a solution, it must be
dispute no later than 12 months after the date on which the consumer submitted the complaint to the entrepreneur, in writing or
in another form to be determined by the Commission at the
Disputes Committee is brought before it.
8. When the Traveler submits a dispute to the Disputes Committee, the Carrier is bound by this choice.
If Carrier wishes to do this, it must inform Traveler in writing
ask to make a statement within five weeks whether he
agrees. The carrier must thereby announce that
he will release himself after the expiry of the aforementioned period
consider submitting the dispute to the ordinary court.
9. The Disputes Committee makes a decision with due observance of the provisions of the regulations applicable to it. The regulations of the Disputes Committee are
sent on request. The decisions of the Disputes Committee are made by way of binding advice.
A fee is charged for the handling of a dispute
10. Only the Dutch court or the disputes committee mentioned above is authorized to take cognizance of disputes.
Article 15: Compliance guarantee
1. KNV Taxi guarantees compliance with the binding advice of the Disputes Committee Taxi Transport
by its members, unless the member receives the binding advice
two months after its dispatch for destruction
submit to the court. This guarantee is revived,
if, after review by the court, the binding advice
has survived and the judgment from which this appears, shall be in force
has gone stale.
2. KNV Taxi does not provide a compliance guarantee if,
before the dispute has been dealt with at the hearing by the Disputes Committee for Taxi Transport and a final decision has been made, one of the following situations arises:
a. the member has been granted a moratorium, or;
b. the member has been declared bankrupt, or;
c. the business activities have in fact been terminated.
Decisive for the latter situation is the date on which the
business termination is registered in the Trade Register
or an earlier date, of which KNV Taxi can plausibly
cause the business activities to be effectively terminated;
3. The guarantee by KNV Taxi is limited to:
€ 10,000 per binding advice. KNV Taxi provides this
guarantee on the condition that the consumer who
invokes this warranty, its claim under
of the binding advice up to a maximum of the amount paid out
transfers (assigns) the amount to KNV Taxi, simultaneously with
honoring his claim under the performance guarantee.
For the excess, KNV Taxi has a best-efforts obligation to ensure that the member makes it binding
advice. This best efforts obligation means that
the consumer is offered his claim for the
also transfer several to KNV Taxi, after which
this organization in its own name and at the expense of KNV
Taxi will request the payment thereof in court to satisfy the consumer or the consumer is offered that KNV Taxi in the name of the consumer and at the expense of KNV Taxi the (extra) judicial collection procedure
will carry, all this at the discretion of KNV Taxi.
Article 16: Other conditions
1. KNV Taxi will only change these General Terms and Conditions in consultation with the Consumers' Association.
2. All Contracts of Carriage to which these terms and conditions
have been declared applicable are subject to
3. Carrier is obliged to disclose the
way in which the Traveler/Client at his request
obtain these Terms.
4. These General Terms and Conditions are public and can be consulted via the internet, including at www.knv.nl, and can also be obtained free of charge from the carrier upon request.